Profile of China Huaneng Group
China Huaneng Group is a key state-owned company in China's energy sector, with its main business engaged in a wide range of industries including power, coal, transportation and finance etc. As of the end of February 2010, Huaneng Group had over 150 wholly-owned and majority-owned power plants both at home and abroad, of which the domestic installed capacity has reached 10.568GW, accounting for 12.48% of China's total installed capacity. In 2009, China Huaneng Group was the first among Chinese power producers to join the ranks of Fortune 500 Companies.
China Huaneng Group has been attaching great importance to scientific and technological innovation, and has achieved many “Firsts” representing the highest technological level in China’s power industry in the past two decades. Huaneng Group has maintained leadership position in China's power industry in terms of technical and economic indicators of generating units, and has won the title of “National Innovative Enterprises”. Huaneng Group has over 20 thousand professional and technical personnel in various specialties, and about 1,000 professional R&D personnel, and has attracted over 30 senior technical personnel from overseas in recent years. During the “Tenth Five-Year Plan” and the “Eleventh Five-Year Plan” period, Huaneng Group has undertaken and completed a number of “National 863” and “National 973” Scientific Research Projects, and has carried out research on more than 330 Special Projects with self-raised funds, and has won three awards of "National Technological Advancement Prize" and 65 awards of "Chinese Power Technology Prize".
In order to further enhance independent innovation capacity of the Company, give full play to the guiding role of technology in corporate development, and to better implement the company’s Talent Strategy, Huaneng Group starts to set up an Overseas High-level Talent Innovation Base in Beijing Future-Tech City, namely “China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute”.
The Research Institute will mainly focus on research of the following three areas:
- Efficient and clean power generation areas, including key technologies on large-scale ultra-supercritical generating units, technology on emissions reduction and use of greenhouse gases (CO2) from fossil-fired power plants, and power plant automation and information technology;
- Coal-based energy conversion areas, including coal gasification and gas purification technology, IGCC and poly-generation technologies, hydrogen production and fuel cell power generation technology, green coal-based power technology, and low-quality coal utilization technology;
- Renewable energy power generation areas, including solar power generation technology, tidal power generation technology and biomass power generation technology.
China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute will carry out comprehensive and in-depth research on clean energy, especially on clean coal-based power generation and coal-based poly-generation technology, so as to establish a platform which will lead China’s technology innovation in clean power generation, and to promote Huaneng’s structural upgrading and optimization. China Huaneng Group hereby commences overseas recruitment for high-level talents, and sincerely welcomes applications from overseas talents.
We intend to recruit 20 high-level talents from overseas, and specific posts are as follows:
1. Vice-President or Honorary President, China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute (one position);
2. Chief Engineer, China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute (one position);
3. Person-in-charge for Research Centers under China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute (five positions);
4. Person-in-charge for research teams or affiliated laboratories under China Huaneng Group Clean Energy Technology Research Institute (13 positions)
IGCC power generation technologies, CO2 capture, utilization and sequestration technologies, fuel cell power generation technologies, renewable energy power generation and energy storage technologies, high temperature alloy materials technology, power plant design optimization, lignite quality improvement and coal utilization technology, nuclear power technology and other technical areas.
1. A Doctorate Degree in related areas from overseas universities or colleges (generally speaking), aged no more than 50 years old, or no more than 55 for particularly urgent posts; no less than 6 months on post each year for the first two years, and no less than 9 months on post each year for the years after;
2. One of the following conditions:
·Experts or scholars serving as professors or at equivalent positions in foreign universities or research institutes, with experience in presiding over major technology projects; experts or scholars serving as associate professors or at equivalent positions who master key technologies or are urgently needed;
·Professional and technical talents holding senior positions in internationally-renowned companies;
·Entrepreneurial talents that own intellectual property rights or master core technologies, with overseas experience of setting up their own business, and familiar with related areas and international rules.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
1. In accordance with relevant national regulations on the “One-Thousand-Talent Plan”, qualified personnel may apply for the Plan and enjoy corresponding benefits package after approval, including a one-time support of one million Yuan from the central government, and a permanent residence certificate in any city of mainland China;
2. The introduced talents will be provided with supporting research facilities and research funds, and may independently decide the research directions and topics within the scope of their responsibilities, independently set up research teams, and use the research funds at their own discretion;
3. The compensation package for introduced talents will be determined in consultation referring to their precious work overseas, and they may enjoy tax preference in accordance with relevant regulations; whoever achieves major research results may be eligible for special incentives (including certain equity stake) after appraisal and deliberation;
4. Apart from basic social insurance, the introduced talents may also enjoy additional health care and insurance services in accordance with relevant provisions of Huaneng Group, and enjoy corresponding level of housing subsidies, transportation subsidies, subsidies for their children's education, as well as vacation and other special benefits;
5. Those who are not accompanied by their spouses to come to China may enjoy family leave and subsidies for travelling expenses; for those who are accompanied by their spouses to come to China, Huaneng Group may help with job placement or offer living allowances;
6. The above-mentioned compensation and benefits package or other related issues are open to further consultation.
1. Candidates may submit personal resume by letter, fax, or e-mail, and may also attach materials reflecting working ability and academic level, and including ideas, plans and requirements on research work of the applied area;
2. We will invite candidates who meet basic requirements for interviews to discuss related matters.
Address: Floor 26, Block A, No.48 A Zhichun Lu, Haidian District, Beijing
Post Code: 100098
Contact: Ms. SU